Last Weekend Before Christmas - Shop Local
Christmas is almost upon us and this weekend is the last before the big day. Whether it's the last bits and pieces you need or like us the majority of your shopping, why don't you turn your back on the large chain stores and busy city centre and shop local and support the independent businesses in your area.
Here's some ideas for gifts and places to get them.
1. Gifts of food such as hampers are a great gift and something people can share. Try 1901 on Skirving Street, Gusto and Relish on Pollokshaws Rd, Cookie in Strathbungo, La Teh Doh in Polloksheilds and Cherry Heather in Cessnock.
2. For the Book worm in your life head to Young's Interesting Books for a first edition classic. On Victoria Road the Oxfam Book shop have a great collection of second hand books.
3. For the Vintage lover head to The Dresser's Room on Skirving Street and the lovely Jade will help you choose that unique item.
4. If it's a gift for the female in your life, then you are spoilt for choice with: Butterfly Kisses on Skirving Street, Hayes, Zig Zag, Glitz andGlamour on Pollokshaws Rd, Eve in Polloksheilds and Ladies Drawers in Strathbungo.
5. For Unique gifts try Paper Plane on Skirving Street, Marie Brown's in Polloksheilds, Pink Wafer in Langside, Pierrot et Coco just off Pollokshaws Rd, and Gifted in Clarkston.
6. For little kids Butterfly Kisses and Pierrot et Coco have beautiful childrens clothes and accessories, as well as a good selection of toys and other gifts.
7. Langside College have a variety of courses starting in January including Japanese and italian cooking courses and dressmaking classes a unique gift for the person who has everything. Salutation Station in Polloksheilds offers vouchers for Yoga classes which would also make a great gift.
8. You can also buy gift vouchers from many local restaurants, why not treat someone to dinner at a new or favourite restaurant
9. Treat someone to a massage or beauty treatment, try Urban Beauty and Rock N Rollers on Pollokshaws Rd
10. For the Runner in your life, take a trip to Run Urban on Cathcart Road.